Sask., native from a musical family. I had my first gig at 10 yrs old with my mom on piano and me on bass. I moved to Calgary in 1980, and have been involved in the business here ever since. I have 3 kids and 2 grand kids. Music heroes I’ve met: Alain Caron and Mike Stern. My former roommate was the music director for the Austria Boys Choir. This gave me my first look at a complete orchestral score.
What is your wish for 2017?
- Get my girlfriend healthy and back on stage.
- Record new music for disc, soundtracks.
- Play lots of live shows at cool events with people who care about quality.
- Get grants for art projects and science project (in process).
- Learn lots of music that interests me (horn lines, EDM, soundscapes),
- Make some money in a poor economy.
Which musical instrument reflects your personality the most?
Instrument of reflection: Piano – it’s simple and complex, loud and soft, heavy to carry… All at once.
If you could have coffee with anyone, who would it be?
Coffee mate? Jesus (Christ).
If you were a food, what would you be and why?
I have to go with Bread. Why? It has fed the souls of mankind for millennia.
What is something you couldn’t go without?
Sense of adventure. 🙂